Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 10, 2010

Got up early today. Spent the majority of the day working in my classroom. Got to talk to Angie a little about what it is going to look like with Dean and Ian. I am excited about this year! I think that I am going to be able to get things done and get the boys learning things! I am excited! So much more than last year! Angie and I took the preschool teachers downtown tonight. It was crazy! The streets were packed! We went into the heart of downtown Montego Bay. Down by Sam Sharpe Square. It was unbelievable how many people were just out and about in the streets. Everyone celebrating the first week of school being over. We went to Mega Mart and Fontana and both places were packed! On our way back up the mountain we ran into Benjamin in the blue truck and Sid was behind him in the bus! We had to back down the road a ways. We thought we were at the drop off and got laughing so hard we could barely breathe! We always have so much fun together! Got back up to the Nest and Jodi-Ann, Shana Kay and Damille were doing impressions of all of us. They did me, Angie, Joel, Matt, Joyel, other staff members and other kids. They were hilarious! They had us all spot on. It's amazing what they pick up on. Then Joel did impressions of Jodi, Shana Kay and Damille. We were rolling on the floor (literally) laughing. It was too funny. Then I went and spent some time with the O'Dells at their house. It's nice to be able to spend that time with them. They are my family. Now it's off to bed. Not sure what tomorrow is going to look like. Whatever happens I'm sure it will be a great day!

September 11, 2010

Got to sleep in a little today. DIdn't get out of bed until 8! I finally unpacked all my stuff! It has been bugging me living out of a suitcase the last few days, but I haven't really had the time energy to unpack. I have tried to convince Tameika that she should unpack for me, but she didn't think that was a good idea. Joel, Angie and the kids went to the Bay today. I miss them so much when they are gone. We had a pretty good day up here though. The Jake's House boys did a garbage clean up and then went in the pool. After that Matt, Taylor and I went to Jake's to watch the Michigan/Notre Dame football game. I watched the U of M game and got the play-by-play for the Iowa/ISU game. Good dose of football and 2 wins!! The little kids watched a movie tonight before they went to bed. They were all laying on the floor watching Veggie Tales. Snuggled Abby, our downs syndrome toddler, for a while. She is too stinkin' sweet. We put the kids to bed and now the house is quiet. Got to have a little bowl of ice cream left over from Tameika's birthday. I am looking forward to going to the beach tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment