Friday, September 24, 2010

It's Friday!!!

September 24, 2010

Well, it has been a few days since I have taken time to update this. It has been a crazy week! School is going well. Dean and Ian are both ADD off the charts! It makes for an interesting day. Ian is quieter when he is off task. He gets distracted easily but sits quietly (sometimes). Dean on the other hand is just the opposite. He is always LOUD!!! Dean has a severe sight loss and currently does not have glasses with the correct prescription which means he is always right up in your face because he cannot see. I am wondering if the eyes and the ears are connected somehow, because he has a hard time listening as well. He also doesn't have an "inside" voice. I couldn't tell you how many times I've had to say, "Dean, you need to quiet down." He is always singing, talking to himself or just making noise while working. They are quiet the kids. They will do just about anything for a "sweetie". I am not above bribing them to get them to sit and work. :) I find it extremely effect as a management tool. Today we are taking a bit of a break. The boys are playing trains and cars right now. They love having time to play inside with the toys. They don't get to do that a lot, so I like to give them time during the week in the classroom.
This morning, Angie and I spent about a half hour out by the pool having quiet time. We have talked about needing to be in the word more and it was so nice to start the day like that. I have been studying the book of Esther. Today I read chapters 5-6 where Esther is preparing the feast for Haman and the King. I have read the story of Esther many times and have heard the story since I was a little kid. I very specifically remember Melissa Styes teaching junior church and telling the story of Esther. I almost laughed out loud today reading part of chapter 6. The king hadn't been able to sleep and asked for the record books to be brought to him. He was reminded that one time Mordecai had saved his life from people that were plotting against him. Haman came in later that day and the king asked him what he should do to show a person honor. Self-centered Haman thought the king was talking about himself and came up with this elaborate plan with royal robes and a royal horse. When the king told him to do everything he had said to Mordecai, Haman was not happy. He was planning on killing Mordecai and instead he is parading him around the city on a royal horse dressed in royal robes! I love how God works! His sense of humor is something else!
The weather has been really weird here the last few days. Tropical Storm Matthew is just south of us and is effecting our weather a bit. It has cooled things off a bit and yesterday I thought we were going to get blown off the mountain top! Praying that Matthew stays to our south! We really don't need to get hit by this!
I'm ready for the weekend! I want to sleep past 5:45 tomorrow morning! We will see if that happens. I am excited to spend some time with the O'Dell kids. I really miss them being here during the day now that they are in school. I'm glad that they are enjoying school and doing well, but I do miss them during the days! Well, I must be back to school. I'm not used to updating this during the day. It's usually my night time activity. Praying for all of you as you pray for me! I am beyond blessed to have each one of you behind me supporting me! I couldn't do it without you!





Dean and Ian playing trains

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bean!
    So great to hear how things are going for you in Jamaica, oh the memories of Robins Nest!
    So funny also, to hear about your Esther story and Melissa teaching it! Not too long ago Mike and I were reading through Esther, and I thought that part was so cool too, hadn't remembered all the details of it when I was younger! God is great!
    We are praying for you often, and we will certainly be praying for the storm to stay far from you so that you will be protected! love you and miss you! Praying for you!
    Mere

    ReplyDelete