Sunday, September 26, 2010

Another weekend





September 25, 2010

Great day today! Tried to sleep in but that didn't work. I was awake at 5:45 and got out of bed around 6:20. On days that I don't get to sleep in I could and day when I can, I can't! Anyway, I got up and spent some time out on the porch off my room. I took my computer and my Bible. Got to listen to some good music while I had my quiet time. I spent about 2 hours just being "away" from everyone and focusing on my God and I time. It was a great way to start my morning. At noon, Angie and I headed down town to get some of the school kids pictures taken. We had 2 truck loads of kids. Benji drove "Old Blue" and Angie was in "Bad Boy" and we were off to Fontana. After that was done, which took a lot less time than we thought, Angie, Carly, Sam and I headed to Mega-Mart to go grocery shopping. We came back up to the Nest for dinner and then Carly and I went down to the O'Dell's house to make cookies. Carly had a recipe for Mocha Brownie Cookies. They were as good as they sound! We spent a few hours making cookies, dancing and laughing! So much fun! I love spending time with my O'Dell family. We are going to church at Teamworks tomorrow. It's the school that Sam, Carly, Taylor, Jacob, Chavar, Damille and Shaq go to. I am excited to see what their school looks like! Then it's off to the beach! Ken and Keri Eberline are here this week visiting Kishmar and Asia. They are going to meet up with us at the beach tomorrow. Should be a good time! We will see if the ocean is stirred up because of the tropical storm that went through. Should be interesting. I got to talk to Yogi today!!! FINALLY!! We are trying to make plans to see each other. So far it hasn't worked out. When she is in town, I am up the mountain and without the bus it's hard to make "special" trips into town. I will make it down to see her soon though! I can't wait to see her and her baby boy!! Well, I am off to bed. It has been long day, and tomorrow will be the same!! I should stop by and see Lucky tomorrow! Haven't seen him since I've been back either. So many people to see and no enough time to do it!

September 26, 2010




Busy day today! We left early for church today. Sid drove like a crazy man down the mountain on our way to church. By the time we made it into the Bay, poor Anna was puking because she was so car sick. Thankfully when we made it to Teamworks she was feeling better. The church service today was interesting. The music was good! I t was a nice change from the other churches we have been to. The piano player actually played the right music that went along with the songs we were singing. That doesn't always happen! I know at Riverside the guy just plays whatever and sometimes doesn't even come close to what the song should sound like. The service was over 3 hours long. We started at 9:30 and it wasn't over yet when we left at 12:30. Our poor kids could hardly sit any more. I was struggling to sit. The guy that preached was all over the place with his points and at one point his teeth fell out of his mouth! Now that got everyone's attention! We headed to the beach after church. The weather didn't look to promising. Huge dark clouds on either side of the beach. Thankfully we didn't get rain until we were leaving. The water was so warm today. There wasn't much difference between air temperature and water temperature. When the storm rolled in it got down right chilly! Angie and I were wrapped up in our towels. Thankfully it only lasted a few minutes and it was over. We headed back up the mountain and Sid took it nice and slow so no one got sick! After dinner tonight I got to hold Asia for a while. She has gotten so big! She is such a sweetie! I remember when she was just a tiny, little, ornery thing. She is just precious. I got to sit and rock her to sleep. Probably my favorite thing to do. I love sleeping babies!
I haven't been feeling well the last few days. I have been fighting the "flu". Down here they call a cold the flu. I haven't been sleeping well because I have been so stuffy and have been coughing throughout the night. Hopefully I am over the worst of it! It is not fun being sick down here. Not that being sick anywhere is fun. Well, I am off to bed. I will want to sleep in tomorrow and I need to be up and at 'em at 5:45 am. Back to school tomorrow!! Week 3 here we come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment