Monday, September 20, 2010

Jodi's Birthday weekend

September 19, 2010

Busy weekend here. Yesterday we celebrated Jodi's birthday. We went and had lunch at Wendy's then spent a few hours at the beach. It was such a fun day! Shana Kay and I laughed so hard playing in the water. She has had a major attitude change lately. Keep praying for her. While we were at the beach yesterday, Jodi was talking to Joyel, Angie and I about what it means to take communion and to be baptized. She is very interested in being baptized. So neat to hear her asking questions about her faith. Last night when we got home, we went and watched a movie at Joel and Angies. It was such a full and fun day!
Today we went to Riverside Open Bible Church. Sid came and picked us up since we are still without a bus. It was nice to have AC on the way to church today. While we were on our way I saw many Jamaican's out heading to church. Little girls in pristine white dresses, shoes and tights. Little boys in pressed pants, shirt and tie. Old men in 3 piece suits and women in their dresses and nylons wearing sandals carrying their high heals because they have to walk a couple miles or more to church. Going to church is a big deal in Jamaica. Although to many people, "church" is nothing more than the building they go to on Sunday mornings for a few hours, I am awed by the people who walk miles to and from church. Going to church is not easy. How many in America would walk 2 or more miles to attend church on a weekly basis? Makes me wonder what my response would be if going to church was more "work"? How far am I willing to walk? How far are you willing to walk?
Anyway- during church today, I got to snuggle a little boy for a while. He was with his mom a couple rows behind me and came right up to me and crawled in my lap. His name was DJ. He snuggled right in a sat with me for about 20 minutes. He was so cute! After church we all hopped back on Sid's bus and headed to the beach. I got FRIED!!! Two days in the sun like that is not a great choice for me, but I love the sun so much I can't seem to stay out of it! I am going to be a wrinkled old lady! On our way back up the mountain, by Orange River Ranch, the boys asked Sid if they could get out and pick guava. The kids have Sid wrapped around their little finger. He loves them and will do just about anything for them. We stopped for a few minutes while the kids were picking plums and guava. It was funny to see them climbing the trees in their swimming suits and their church shoes. After 2 busy days I am exhausted! I am determined to get to sleep early tonight! Morning comes so soon!!

September 20, 2010

Back to school today!! Dean and Ian both had pretty good mornings today. The afternoon was a whole different story! Ian had an horrible afternoon. Had to send him to his bed a couple times and wanted to pull my hair out by the end of the day. Had a good talk with him tonight so hopefully tomorrow will be better! Not much else happened today. Helped with homework after school and played with Anna for a little bit. After dinner the kids were playing outside and I was out watching them and almost wanted to get a sweatshirt. It has cooled off big time tonight. It's probably in the low 70's! Down right chilly!! Tonight is the season premier of Dancing with the Stars!! Carly and I have "date" night whenever it's on. I LOVE watching Dancing!! I am going to bed right after because I have been struggling to get up in the morning! They come so early!

No comments:

Post a Comment