Friday, September 10, 2010

First couple days back at The Nest

September 8, 2010

I made it to Jamaica safe and sound! It is so good to be back! I missed just about everything! I missed the smells, the traffic, the roads, the people, my kids, the staff, the O'Dells, all the craziness that is Jamaica and Robin's Nest! All of it! I almost cried when I saw Angie for the first time! She has truly become one of my very closest friends and I thank God for her daily! I don't think I could do this without her and the rest of the O'Dell family. I got to spend some time with Anna today! I love watching her play and interact with the kids. She is such an MK. She doesn't know anything but Jamaica and loves it. It was fun to see Carly & Sam. Sam was so excited he ran out of his room in his underwear to see me! Now that's true love from an 8 year old boy! We had a birthday party for Tameika tonight. She turned 18 on Monday. I got mad at her today because she told me I had gotten fat. Even though it's not an insult in Jamaica, I was not very happy! I told her she better sleep with one eye open! That gives me the motivation I need to get "un-fat" Well, I am completely exhausted! I have been up for way too long! Looking forward to getting things done in my classroom tomorrow and spending more time with the kids!! I love my job!!


September 9, 2010

Today I got to spend some much needed time with Angie. I love her so much and love spending time with her. I went and spent the morning in the Preschool observing. It was neat to see how they run school. I got some good ideas of some new things that I want to do with my kids. I have not felt great since I got here yesterday. I know the combination of traveling, heat, and getting used to the food again got to me. Thankfully, I got to spend the afternoon napping at the O'Dells house. Angie let me sleep on their couch for a few hours. It was nice and cool and quiet! I woke up feeling much better! Spent the evening working on homework with Jodi-Ann and playing with Anna and Asia. She Asia has gotten so big I can hardly believe it! Anna and I had fun killing a cockroach tonight. I saw it in the kitchen and told Anna to squish it. She started running right after it. She was a little too slow to actually get it, so I had to step on it. I went to get some tissue to pick it up and she grabbed it from me and got it herself to flush it. Such a funny kid. I think Joel and Angie and the kids are going away on Saturday for the day/night. I hate when they are gone. I feel so completely lost without them. I know I have a ton of stuff to do to keep me busy, but I would much rather be with them! Looking forward to Sunday. I think we decided that just the Wiley's, O'Dells and myself are going to the beach. I can't wait to sit and soak up some sun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment