Tuesday, September 14, 2010

School has started!!

September 13, 2010

So today didn't go quite as planned, but that is pretty normal here at Robin's Nest. I had planned to start school today, but Angie and I got working in my classroom and we spent all day getting things done. My classroom is finally set up how I want it. It looks good! I will have to try to post pictures as soon as I figure out how to on this thing. Ian was a beast today! I'm not sure what is going on with him. I am excited to start working with them tomorrow. Other than working in my classroom and playing with my little Anna my day was pretty uneventful. It was a rainy, cool day today which is a nice change. I found out the other day that Bornell, who is one of my very favorite staff members here, was having testing done to see if she had uterine cancer. We found out today that it is not cancer, but still not sure what is going on. Please keep her in your prayers! Pray for Jhanelle too! She is very sick, but hanging on. She is such a fighter.

September 14, 2010

First day of school today! It actually happened!! Dean and Ian did really well, for the most part. We got through a little bit of math, reading and some hooked on phonics. It took all day to get those 3 things done, but I felt good about it at the end of the day. Both the boys are extremely ADHD and struggle to sit still for any amount of time. To get them to sit for a 15 minute math lesson today was quite the accomplishment! And they had fun! It rained again today. There are several hurricanes in the Caribbean and we are getting rain almost daily from them. It is nice because it cools it down in the afternoon. Spent an hour or so with Anna today. She has been singing "Trading My Sorrows" almost constantly the last few days. She is so cute! Got to have a good "boy talk" with Carly tonight. It was good to be able to process a few things that she is going through with some of my own thoughts. The last few days have been a struggle emotionally for me. Satan has been feeding me lies and sometimes it's easier to believe than that God has a sovereign and GOOD plan for my life. It's easier to see the bad or the hard than it is the good. Tonight we all pitched in and cleaned up the kitchen. Angie, Carly, Sueming, Shana Kay, and a few others were jammin' and dancing in the kitchen. We laughed and had a great time working together! Now at the end of the day I get to snuggle with Asia for a while. SHe is always wide awake when it's time to go to bed. I can't believe how big she is getting. She is going to be walking before too long. She is sitting on my lap playing with her bottle watching the computer screen. She is too cute! Well, calling it a night. I love going to bed and having a few hours until I actually have to go to sleep. I love reading at bed time or taking a baby to snuggle in bed until they fall asleep. I am so blessed to have a "job" that allows me to do what I love!! Thank you Jesus for allowing me the great privilege of serving you and your children in Jamaica!



Me & Asia

No comments:

Post a Comment