Sunday, September 12, 2010

A day at the beach and a special project

September 12, 2010

Great day today. Got to sleep in a little again today! Got up and got to have some great quiet time. I am studying the book of Esther right now. I know that God put Esther in the right place at the right time. I know that God has put me in Jamaica again because he isn't finished with me. I know that God is going to use this time in my life to grow me into the person he wants me to be. Ken Rudolph preached this summer out of Esther and said that if Esther hadn't stepped up and done what God wanted her to do, another would have been raised up to do the work. God will get his work done but I don't want to be replaced in the work that God has for me!
The Wiley's, O'Dells, and I went to the beach today. I got to eat lunch with the WIley family. It was nice to spend time with them and be able to get to know them better. Joel, Angie and the kids met up with us a little later and we all hung out at the beach for the afternoon. It was nice to be at the beach without having to watch 15 kids run around! I got to sit and talk with Angie for a long time. God has blessed me abundantly with Angie's friendship. I honestly don't think I could be here without her. We came back up the mountain at dinner time and everyone is so exhausted that we are all calling it an early night. I need to get up tomorrow and figure out what I'm going to do with Dean and Ian tomorrow. I am excited to start school with them! THe first few days will be hectic, I know, but I am so looking forward to teaching this year.
Side note: On our way up the mountain tonight I said something to Joel about wanting to go and see Quest's grave site. Angie hasn't been there yet and wants to go see it too. Joel asked me if I would be willing to make a little grave stone to put on Quest's grave. We are thinking about doing a mosaic tile type plaque to place on his grave. Please pray for me as I take on this very important project. Quest meant the world to me and I miss him so much. I know that this will be a hard project, but I think it will also help me bring closure on Quest's home-going. I covet all your prayers!!
Well, it has been a long day and I am ready for bed! I love you all! I think of you often and pray for you as you pray for me!! You're prayers do not go unnoticed. Thank you to all who are making my time here in Jamaica possible! May God bless you abundantly! Amen and amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment