Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday


October 10, 2010

Today we went to a new church. We attended Bay Life Baptist Church. It is a sister church of Hillview Baptist Chuch. I was able to attend a Sunday evening service at Hillview when I was here with our youth group in June 2009. It is pastored by a guy from the states. It was almost like being at church in the states. It was so nice! We took a pretty big group of kids and they were very prepared for us with a great "Junior Church" program. It was nice to be able to sit through a service without worrying about what the kids were doing. It was also nice having a pastor that I could understand the whole time. All of the other churches I have been to here have had Jamaican pastors and I have a hard time following them because they go back and forth between English and Patois and I end up missing most of it. Another nice thing was that it was only and hour and a half long service! Worship and everything! Other places it is closer to 3 hours and that is too long! I hope we can attend BLBC more often!
We came home right after church today because it was raining. No beach today. It was kinda nice though. I have not been feeling well at all so it was nice to come back and sleep for a few hours. Please continue to pray that whatever this is that I have will go away. It just keeps hanging on and I can't kick it! I am sick and tired of being sick and tired! We have power again at the Nest. Hopefully it lasts for a while. It has been such an emotional roller coaster with the power. I feel like every time it goes out I just want to cry! In fact, during church today right before the message, we were singing "Shout to the Lord" and all of the sudden the power went out. I lost it! I couldn't sing because of the tears. I know that their power had nothing to do with our power, but I was just overwhelmed by it. Thankfully it didn't effect the rest of the service and when we got back up to the Nest, we had power! God is good!! Even when we don't understand his ways or what he is doing, he is good! Sometimes we have to deliberately choose to believe that he is GOOD and have faith when we don't understand. Oswald Chambers said, "Faith is the deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways you may not understand at the time." I can honestly say that I have not understood God's ways very often in the last month, but I am choosing to have faith in his character and who he says he is. He says he will never leave me or forsake me. He has my steps planned and is guiding and leading me through them. He walks with me in the valleys. He is my help. He makes all things work together for my good. For HIS glory, not mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment