Saturday, October 9, 2010

A new day...

October 9, 2010

It has been an emotional couple of days. I haven't had the energy physically or emotionally to write in a while. Things are looking better. This last week went pretty fast. The boys did okay in school, but I was very glad for Friday to come. I spent a lot of time talking with Angie this week. There were a couple days that were really REALLY tough! I don't remember what day it was, but Monday or Tuesday, I was ready to pack my bags and go home. I can't tell you exactly what was going on but I was done. I was exhausted from the previous week and didn't think I could do it any more. I began to question if this is where God really wanted me. I have received many emails and encouraging words from so many people that knew I was struggling. They have been such a blessing. I have decided to not make any major decisions until I have had time to rest and talk to some pretty important people in my life. I know that I will be in Jamaica until November 23 and I am praying for God to give me clean directions for the days, weeks and months beyond that.
After the rough week, I needed some time away from the Nest. I didn't get to go "away", but I did get to spend the afternoon and evening with the O'Dells. I am beyond blessed to have them and be included in their family. We had family night, made pizza, chocolate chip cookies and watched a movie. It was such a fun night. We laughed until our stomachs hurt and tears were running down our faces. I so needed that time with them. Sometimes when I am down at their house, I seriously forget that I am in Jamaica. It is our little "America" in Jamaica. I came back up to the Nest about 10 pm and spent a few minutes with Nurse Hedrem and Bornell. They are my 2 very favorite staffers here. They are double trouble and they know it! I love spending time with them. They think it is funny to talk to me in patois because I don't understand them. I try to listen but usually end up just standing there with a blank look on my face. Bornell will laugh at me because she knows I have no clue what she said. She will say to me, "Katy, you have lived here long enough. You should know!" I am catching more, but I still struggle to understand what they are saying most of the time! Well it is a beautiful Saturday here. I don't know what is going to happen today but I am going to enjoy the day and all that God has in store for me here in Jamaica!!

No comments:

Post a Comment